Friday, February 15, 2013

wildmelitta.

I am WILD about solid colored kitchenware. Vintage, new, but a variety of color is so inspiring to me.
solid color ceramic maker
(my one exception is Otagiri mugs which have crazy pictures on them and are all hand designed!)
My plates/bowls are all Fiesta, brightly lining my cabinets and hanging from the mug tree in my kitchen. I love mix-matching the different colors ... cobalt blue bowls and paprika colored plates, lime green saucer with a cornflower yellow mug. Mixing Pyrex bowls- just kill me! They are so cool with all the wild colors!
my melitta
I JUST LOVE IT! 
The colors bring joy to me, my kichen is a gathering place and the place I share the most with people with food or coffee.
Another kitchen MUST HAVE is my Melitta. I prefer two brewing mechanisms; my BUNN and my manual Melitta pour over. I love the conveince of my BUNN, but on a morning where I can laze around the house reading books and cleaning, I enjoy my Melitta. I like making cup by cup. I like having a cup of one variety of coffee and switching to another too, so the Melitta gives me that ability.
 
 While searching Etsy the other night I came across a little shop that had a lot of coffee accessories. I had to look. I own a vintage Melitta, with a little hard plastic filter holder and a beautifully designed carafe. I found it at Court Days, sometimes you can find little vintage booths (yard sales) there. I have used it a handfull of times and absolutely love it. In this Etsy store I found lots of SOLID COLORED Melitta makers.
I had no clue that Melitta made these, most of them are vintage, but the are so great! I love that they came with a ceramic carafe and a solid colored, matching filter holder.
Now I need one!
I wanted to share a few things that inspire me; coffee & certain vintage items. I love what I do and finding two things that go together in both areas is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment