Friday, March 2, 2012

from the garden to steeping

I grow lavender every year in my garden. I love the smell, I love to bake with it, and recently I have had a hankering for Lavender Butterfly tea, something about the way it clears my mind and the soothing, calming feeling I get when I smell it or taste it. Sipping on some Lavender Butterfly I started thinking about those little bluish-purple flower buds and what health benefits lavender actually has. Reading about it I was so surprised, lavender is more than a pretty bush in my garden; it has many uses and is a ‘good for what ails ya’ herb. Lavender when steeped with tea creates a calming effect, soothing anxious nerves and helps aid in sleepless nights. It promotes relaxation and soothes tired muscles, also helps with headaches. Who doesn’t get a headache every now and then? It can be used with skin irritation, chafing, and burns, as well as on cuts and scrapes because it has antiseptic properties instead of rubbing alcohol, which is a good alternative for children. It also is helpful with nits and dandruff, which is why a lot of hair products have lavender extracts or oil in them. The most popular way to enjoy lavender is the essential oil, rubbing a little on your temples or across the forehead helps with depression, anxiety, headaches, and lowers pain levels. Amazing little plant huh? I prefer to sip on some lavender tea like Lavender Butterfly tea or our newest tea addition Lavender Earl Grey, which is a lovely balance between Bergamot and Lavender. JYUM!! Lavender with it soothing minty/floral scent is a saint among herbs. Stop by the shop and try some lavender tea, whichever you choose will be just as delightful, and explore how lavender can aid you in your day to day hustle.

No comments:

Post a Comment