Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cafetiere a piston

Prenez une tasse, sirotez, et savourez!!

French press coffee is a true pleasure. 
Not only do you get the true flavor of the coffee but it is quite an experience too. 
On a good Saturday morning reading my book or even waiting for breakfast to come out of the oven (because Weisenberger Mill muffins seems to be the Saturday ritual at the Morgan household),

 I will heat my water and steep my delicious coffee of choice. 
For me there is nothing like Kenya in my french press. 

Kenya and muffins- OH goodness!

Try this. 
Try a french press. 
You won't be disappointed. 

The keys to perfect french pressed coffee: 

  • heat your coffee water to almost boiling (195ish degrees)
  • freshly ground coffee is always preferred, and coarsely ground
  • for every 2 cups of coffee you are going to make, add one tablespoon of ground coffee. Most french presses are 8-10 cup (you can get smaller ones) 
  • add your coffee grinds to the press :)
  • pour your hot water over the grinds evenly saturating them 
  • I give mine a little stir before I put my plunger in 
  • let it steep 5 minutes (or longer if you want it a little stronger) 
  • plunge the press and .... 
  • Prenez une tasse, sirotez, et savourez!! (pour a cup, sip and enjoy!!)


If you've never experienced the joy of the french press you have to venture into this morning ritual. Some people say it's the best cup of coffee they have ever had, and something about the art of steeping it and perfecting the french press cup of coffee. 
Good for one, or two.  

No comments:

Post a Comment