Friday, January 25, 2013

time for tea.

Starting my morning drives to work I often wonder what my choice will be between coffee and tea. Usually coffee wins, only because I need that morning wake up jolt to get myself in gear. Recently, I have come to enjoy and love the ritual of tea and its soothing, healing properties. In the same way people share conversation and laughter over a cup of coffee, tea drinkers have their traditions of 'afternoon tea' and much of the same. In the evenings I have been enjoying a cup of tea and have found that it is a good ending to my days ... a peaceful, uninterrupted time I can grab a book; read and sip, & it gives me a solution to my local honey collection that's been sitting in the cabinet :). The process of tea is what draws me in; first you have to boil your water (which takes time), then you have to steep your tea 3-5 minutes, wait for it to cool and then enjoy. Soething about taking a few minutes to sit and be silent and wait is calming. It's in those few minutes that my heart beat a little slower and my mind takes a break from running. Tea is good for all kinds of things ... and I learn something everyday. Some teas are recommended for cardiovascular health, weight loss, cognitive and bone health, and in general a prescription for good health. Take some time to get to know tea, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment